Reoccurring freeze with nvidia

MissPotato

I have been having a rare reoccurring freeze mid match that I suspect is actually an issue with the nvidia linux driver, but I was able to get a proton log at the time of the freeze. As the game is only deadlocked (hehe) I am unable to provide a core dump or a crash report. However, attached is a proton log for the full session including up until when it froze.

computer info:
Nvidia GTX 1070, running driver version 560.35.03 (newest available at time of writing) though I have also had the issue on the 555.x driver, and going older the game complains about needing a newer diver version.
I5-4440
24 gbs ddr3
6.10.6-10 Manjaro Kernel
Proton Experimental

Launch Args confirmed to have the issue
PROTON_LOG=1 gamemoderun %command% -nojoy +engine_low_latency_sleep_after_client_tick true +mat_queue_mode 2 +cl_forcepreload 1
gamemoderun %command%
(blank)

EDIT: Another user in the discord said they're also having the same issue using driver 555.58.02. Their sepcs are RTX 2070, 6.9.11, using flatpak Steam.

Attachments

Last edited:
Having a very similar issue, although the freeze is consistently every match after about 5 minutes. I'm running a GTX 1660 6GB on Pop!OS, Proton Experimental & GE, driver 555.58.02, kernel 6.9.3, 16GB DDR4 w/ 4gb swap on the SSD, which the game is also installed on. No launch options other than to grab logs. Happens on both DX11 & Vulkan - however, the games seem to last longer on DX11, and the logs are different. I've left both of them attached. The system's CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 2600x.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back