Random network disconnects ONLY while playing Deadlock?

KMills

I've been experiencing a REALLY strange issue, I feel like this surely can't be the case but it SEEMS like Deadlock is causing me to disconnect from the internet??

The past week or so I've been getting random temporary disconnects (<5seconds) that cause the ENTIRE game engine to break. Even after I reconnect, the whole game is bugged out and I have to force close the game (via task manager because the devs disabled Alt+F4 :rolleyes:) and reopen it to fix it. Side note: PLEASE add a "Reload Match" button or something similar in the pause menu; currently there are only "Abandon Match" and "Quit Game" buttons, and the debug unstuck/suicide buttons that do absolutely nothing ever.

Here's the weird thing: These random disconnects are ONLY happening when Deadlock is open. It causes a complete disconnect for my PC, with the connection icon in my taskbar tray indicating no connection. But I've been running several monitoring tools, tried switching out my router ports, and tested with various other programs. These disconnects are ONLY happening when I'm in a Deadlock game. I don't understand how this could even be possible, my only solution is to...not play Deadlock I guess?

Edit: I couldn't find this issue with the regular search but the "Similar threads" section is showing a bunch of people with this exact issue. I guess something is deeply bugged with the game and hitting peoples' NICs or something?? Incredible. Hope they fix this soon, I'm not going to be playing while I'm at risk of damaging my PC and/or losing a bunch because of disconnects out of my control.

Edit: I noticed this also happens in CS2, which is making me think there is a deep deep issue with Source 2 as a whole. Some people on reddit are reporting this issue also happening in CS2, and they recommend changing the "Max Acceptable Game Traffic Bandwidth" setting in that game from the default "Unrestricted" to something like 4Mbps. I'm going to test and see if this fixes the issue with CS2, if it does then unfortunately Deadlock doesn't currently have this setting but they could add it to offer people a fix.

Last edited:
Back