Quick cast

+1
Quickcast is the way (on key down) since I know some people prefer on key up so they can kind of see their prediction
I think it might be a problem for Dynamo teleporting an ally or similar abilities

+1
Same for active items.

For example - For healing rite. let me hold the "X" key to choose/switch the ally and once i release the key let it select whoever (ally) the cursor is on (instead of me having to left click )

Or if there is a much better way to do it without us having to do extra left click to cast.

Please add quick cast and let me bind extra keys for self casting. Why would i need to press 2 buttons everytime i want to use one ability/item??? It feels absolutely terrible for a somewhat supportive playstyle. Let me bind self cast of item 1 to some other key. Same for abilities. And don't force me to show the selector where i have to left click again when choosing an ally. Valve pls fix.

Quick Cast is important, especially for characters like Paradox where you already need to be a pro Starcraft player to secure the kill. Removing unnecessary button presses, or rather smoothing out the combo inputs is welcome.

I thought I had enabled Quickcast somehow...

Turns out that Warden's abilities are all Quickcast, despite very similiar skills on other characters not being Quickcast...

So please, try out Warden! He's out Quickcast Test Dummy!

I can see why they didn't focus on quickcast for the alpha. Compared to DOTA and LOL, this is a three-dimensional game. It becomes hard to know exactly where your projectile/ability will land, especially if you use the Z axis and the further you throw it. Of course, if you get used to your hero and its abilities, you will sooner or later get a feeling for it.

I can see why they didn't focus on quickcast for the alpha. Compared to DOTA and LOL, this is a three-dimensional game. It becomes hard to know exactly where your projectile/ability will land, especially if you use the Z axis and the further you throw it. Of course, if you get used to your hero and its abilities, you will sooner or later get a feeling for it.
There's a way to have the best of both worlds: have an option to switch between button down quickcast and button up quickcast, same as in dota. Button down quickast is the fastest way to use abilities, so experienced players who can judge the range can use this setting while button up quickcast will show abilities' range & AoE as long as ability button is held and will instantly cast as soon as button is released. So you can quickly tap the button for a fast casting, or press and hold if you need to aim the target area precicely.

Helldivers has some interesting keybinding options...

Rather than just an option for "Change Self Cast Mode", many of the commands in Helldivers have a drop down menu next to the button assignment, so task can be set to be activated by:
  • Tap (tap Zoom to go 1st person Zoom doesn't overlap with Zoom)
  • Double Tap (double tap Crouch to go Prone doesn't overlap with Crouch Toggle)
  • Press (default, instant)
  • Long Press (what we commonly call Hold)
  • Hold (repeats a command, good for typical R3 Melee)
We already Press Q to Quick Melee and Long Press Q to Heavy Melee. Long Press Ping to bring up the Comms Wheel.

Some players want to use Long Press Spell to self cast, or quick cast, I actually want to use that command to Level Up the spell. I honestly hate stopping to assign skill points in the middle of farming waves. Although I should probably be grateful I don't have to go to the shop to do it? I swear the Neutral Shops are probably the most important objective in this game 😅

I should also like to mention that Mantle seems to be a command that players are quite touchy about. Helldivers were complaining about automatically mounting objects that they run up to (that they're trying to hide behind) because it was combined as Sprint/Mantle, and I remember seeing a guide here about using Command Lines to adjust how Mantle works in Deadlock? Not sure why Jump/Mantle is problematic, but I'm sure someone has a reason.

• Tap (tap Zoom to go 1st person Zoom doesn't overlap with Zoom)
  • Double Tap (double tap Crouch to go Prone doesn't overlap with Crouch Toggle)
  • Press (default, instant)
  • Long Press (what we commonly call Hold)
  • Hold (repeats a command, good for typical R3 Melee)
This should be a standard binding options in any game TBH. Helldivers showed how flexible this is so going back to "key per action" feels unbearably basic.

Quick cast basically exactly like how Dota 2 has implemented it would be great, People are doing this via Autoexec's currently anyways so it would be nice to have it actually within the settings. For Items and Abilities

Every one of you should go to the "General Gameplay" and post a thread there titled "Quick cast wanted".

⇛ ⇛ ⇛ General Gameplay (feedback) ⇚ ⇚ ⇚

I am pretty sure the devs don't even read this subforum except maybe once in a blue moon, it only exists to prevent the other subforums from getting clogged, like how the bug reports section is currently pelted with ban appeal threads.

Back