Printmaker/Journalist

invertigo

I wanted to expand on neil.r.rao's photographer idea:
A go-getter journalist that decides that he'll write, photograph, and typeset the story all by himself, and use the occult influences of NYC to get there.

Weapon: A Chicago Typewriter that spews letters like from My Friendly Neighborhood

Occult gear ideas:
- A camera that can capture spirits (the ones with the accordion lens)
- A glowing/taken 'eye of truth' traded with a patron/entity for leads on stories
- Ghosts/spirits willing to aid him to get their own stories told
- A full printing press that prints spells or his stories

Gameplay ideas:
- Reveal auras after landing stacks from gun

1) Interrogate - a shout conal AoE
2) Camera flash - short ranged stun/conal slow, also gives stacks?
3) Passive: Enemies leave 'paper trails' in map that give bonuses or stacks
4) Massive printing press/stamp, slams ground like MvC3 Phoenix Wright lvl1, maybe spends stacks on extra dmg or stun time?

deadlock-journo.png
I'm no good at 1930s design or mechanical gear, it's really just to feel out if a small or a big build would fit best.

This is a good start! He needs a more unique gun than a tommy gun though, but I don't have any ideas. I too had an idea about a 1920s reporter reporting on the battles in the streets with a spirit infused pen, but I like this idea more with the typewriter!

A spirit infused typewriter that types itself, maybe typing out spells like you said. I also really like the idea of a camera that drains spirit energy. I can picture it in game with a big flash, momentarily blinding the other team .

Back