Pocket can use Flying Cloak without cancelling Enchanter's Satchel (sort of)

carrotoniii

If you're browsing the bug threads for secret tech, you won't find anything very useful here; sorry for the clickbait title, nerds!

Normally, throwing out the cloak forces Pocket out of their satchel, but if you input Flying Cloak within a small window after using Enchanter's Satchel, Pocket will toss the Cloak as they enter the satchel without cancelling either ability (concisely, you can plink Satchel to Cloak for "free"). Note that this is before the "Escape" invulnerability kicks in; it seems more precise to say that Cloak will only cancel Satchel if Pocket is under the effects of Satchel, not the startup. This could be a accessibility/convenience thing, so I don't know if this is intentional or not? I'm posting it here just in case.
1717987123275.png
This appears to be the first frame that Pocket starts leaving Satchel if they throw Cloak; a rule of thumb could be that if the status is on-screen, the no-cancel window has passed and Satchel will be cancelled by Cloak.
1717987139185.png
Edit: Okay, I went back to grab some screenshots and I think I need to clarify. Pocket's last chance to throw out Cloak for "free" seems to be on the frame right before the "Escape" status from Satchel kicks in. That makes me really believe that it's not correlated to the Pocket's model as much as it is the status. I've rewritten some text to fit the new screenshots.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back