Performance issues

nickwall26

Match numbers 67089 and 66821
I am the kelvin player.

Host: B660M AORUS PRO AX DDR4 -CF
Kernel: 6.8.0-35-generic
Uptime: 2 days, 6 hours, 9 mins
Packages: 2529 (dpkg), 10 (flatpak), 19 (snap)
Shell: bash 5.2.21
Resolution: 2560x1440, 2560x1440
DE: Plasma 5.27.11
WM: KWin
Theme: [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3]
Icons: [Plasma], breeze-dark [GTK2/3]
Terminal: konsole
CPU: 12th Gen Intel i7-12700F (20) @ 4.800GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Memory: 32gb ddr4 3600 mhz
The issue is as follows
The start of the game isnt too bad, as the game goes on the frames get increasingly worse over time to the point of what feels like 5-10 fps in big teamfights.
This behavior is new in this update and wasn't an issue before it.
The fps counter in the bottom of the screen reads 60-70+ the entire time but it feels terrible. I assume frame times incredibly off or the counter is just wrong

Here are my in game settings 1717819500943.png

Had the same issue on my machine after trying out Vulkan. Wanted to throw it out in this thread, that it seems like dx11 is much more stable right now and improved my performance by a lot. Hopefully once this game is out of beta testing, we'll get some solid Vulkan support!

I'm on dx11, on an i7 10700f, rx 7900 xtx 24gb, 32gb of ddr4 ram @ 3200, installed on a fast SSD yet the game is suffering some performance issues. Have not tried vulkan.

Fps remains the same whether I'm on max settings or lowest at the beginning of the match.

Longer the match goes on, the worse it gets. Generally starts at anywhere from 80-120fps, varying on what is on screen.

Once we get to 30 minutes, FPS drops hard down to 60-80ish. Leaning towards 60. Anywhere over 40 minutes, especially approaching 55min-60min the game becomes nearly unplayable if I am on anything except the lowest. I can't find which setting is causing it yet.

The last couple of patches have had performance changes and improvements, so this is could be some sort of memory leak or more optimization needed, since we are in beta testing mode. Best bet is to continue posting your specs, so the dev team can collect more data and push out some more performance improvements.

For now, it seems like there is no solid fix to prevent what you're experiencing Linkguy, I was having the same issues yesterday, but the small patch today seemed to keep me above 120 fps now instead of dipping down, but it does seem to be wrapped up in matches that go for longer periods of time.

The last couple of patches have had performance changes and improvements, so this is could be some sort of memory leak or more optimization needed, since we are in beta testing mode. Best bet is to continue posting your specs, so the dev team can collect more data and push out some more performance improvements.

For now, it seems like there is no solid fix to prevent what you're experiencing Linkguy, I was having the same issues yesterday, but the small patch today seemed to keep me above 120 fps now instead of dipping down, but it does seem to be wrapped up in matches that go for longer periods of time.
I managed a particular fix, if you turn off all of the settings in the top section (the anti aliasing and shadows all that), and screen space AO it pretty much remedies the issue entirely. A really great fix.

Back