Performance/gameplay glitch with Deadlock client after being hit with Vindicta's abilities

tredd

Not sure how rare this is but during a recent game as Mo & Krill vs a Vindicta my game began to suffer some serious performance issues after I was struck by her 3 skill.

I have a recording of the performance hit & other anomalies it caused below but this issue occurred twice this match.

System
Nvidia 4090
latest gen AMD Chipset
Windows 11

I use the basic settings; one notch below 'Best Looking' with all the defaults that come with it.

Match 288853

1st instance
~1:25

Vindicta hit me with her 3 and all of a sudden my Deadlock client began to rapidly drop frames, similar to walking through dense fog in a video game with the graphics cranked all the way up, until the Deadlock client itself on my Windows PC stopped responding and went white. The game did not fully crash when this occurred and miraculously recovered however afterwards my WASD inputs for my character felt delayed/desynced from what I was doing. I didn't last long at that point since my lane foe took advantage of a easy kill.

When I respawned the issues seemed to clear themselves and I immediately went back to lane.

2nd instance
~2:23

After returning to lane I get hit again by Vindicta's 3 but nothing happens at first, until all of a sudden my client again locks up and starts crashing.

This time I was ready and able to grab a quick screen recording when my PC finally recovered. The below shows the performance hit (dropped from 220 to <32 fps according to the in game FPS counter) and the weird WASD input desync that follows, including my characters camera becoming completely unhinged. I've attached a separate video of just the weird camera issue that came after.

View attachment Deadlock 2024-07-08 21-40-31.mp4

The only way I was able to resolve this glitch both times is by dying. This did not happen again during the rest of the match

Attachments

Last edited:
Back