PC spontaneously shuts down

2003 Chevy Impala

I have encountered an issue where my PC spontaneously powers off. It does not restart like other people have mentioned, and Windows does not properly shutdown. My PC simply loses all power and has to be manually started again.

I experienced this on my windows install as well, and it consistently happens a few seconds after loading into the hero test. I usually play on linux, and in the same situation the game crashes suddenly.

Are you sure it is related to the game itself?
I am quite certain. This is a solid PC, and I have not had this problem since the Diablo IV beta nuked my GPU. I had to rebuild my setup after that, and I haven't had any issues since. I have played some other games in the meantime, and the issue only repeats when I'm in a match in Deadlock.

I experienced this on my windows install as well, and it consistently happens a few seconds after loading into the hero test. I usually play on linux, and in the same situation the game crashes suddenly.
That's interesting. I might try to fix up my Linux machine and play some on it to see how it goes. Right now it is missing a couple of parts though.

That's interesting. I might try to fix up my Linux machine and play some on it to see how it goes. Right now it is missing a couple of parts though.
I found a solution to the linux crash in this thread: https://forums.playdeadlock.com/threads/crash-on-linux.583/ although unfortunately it is not applicable to windows systems.

It appears to be memory related. I would assume the same problem is causing both the crash on linux and the shutdown on windows. Memory problems are often the cause of bluescreens, so it almost makes sense just that the instant shutdown behavior is very weird.

Just had an issue with this on my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, in my case my cpu had overheated and caused immediate shutdown to protect the CPU. Check the temps of your build while the game is running. I had to revert an overclock I made at 4.2MHz because this game uses a lot of CPU.

Just had an issue with this on my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, in my case my cpu had overheated and caused immediate shutdown to protect the CPU. Check the temps of your build while the game is running. I had to revert an overclock I made at 4.2MHz because this game uses a lot of CPU.
I will check on that next time I play. Thnx

Back