Pak01.vpk corruption

taintedeon

Can we get a dev response on this issue? Newly built pc (7800x3d, 6000mhz 32GB ram, 4080 Super) on a fresh Windows install and ran into this issue last night for the first time.

Seeing the responses on dota/CS threads, it seems like it’s a Source issue on high speed ram. Is nobody on the dev team able to test the game at with high speed ram to confirm? I’ve done multiple OCCT/memory/cpu tests and everything is stable.

Hi,

I too am running a 7800X3D paired with 32GB of 6000mhz RAM, and I haven't encountered any corruptions with the games files (For reference, I have the game installed on an SSD (Samsung 980 PRO 1TB)).

Can you please double check the storage where the game is installed instead? It sounds like early signs of failure of the media.

Hi,

I too am running a 7800X3D paired with 32GB of 6000mhz RAM, and I haven't encountered any corruptions with the games files (For reference, I have the game installed on an SSD (Samsung 980 PRO 1TB)).

Can you please double check the storage where the game is installed instead? It sounds like early signs of failure of the media.

I’ve ran SMART tests on both drives and they’re totally fine. Samsung 970 evo nvme drives both basically empty.

I’ve also changed memory timings since and haven’t crashed. Wondering if it’s related to ram OCs

Just an update - played last night for a few hours and had no errors. Seems it is related to memory OC, adjusted my timings manually instead of setting MOBO to EXPO and seems fine.

Oddly enough, my RAM benchmarked stable on EXPO settings and the manual timings are basically the same, even stricter actually.

No idea what causes the file to corrupt, but it’s not as simple as “hdd bad” or “ram bad”.

Back