New invite system - Nobody received access

hykleri

Hi there,

So ever since the new invite system got in place (no email, just through steam friends list) nobody I invited have received access yet. Truth be told I got excited and instantly invited 25 people, but I didn't know if there was a limit, the changelog didn't say so.

I also invited 1 person at the tail end of the previous system with email+steam and he is still in my "invited" list with no email received.

Have invited too many people at once? I asked around on discord and one person replied, saying they invited 2 people and they have received access within 12 hours.

Just wondering if I messed up by inviting too many people, or is it the system being bugged out?

Cheers

I think the invitation should come in a mobile application. I saw a lot of people who accepted the invitation from there

I just double checked and there is also another person I invited during the email system on the 30th of July, still no access received.

Again, don't get me wrong, I know we are not entitled to get access and I am completely okay if none of them will get it, I am just trying to figure out if the system is bugged, or if I invited too many people.

I've also seen Yoshi mention in an other thread to just wait for the backlog to be cleared after a few days, so I still have my fingers crossed. :)

I just want to share the love, I think the game is amazing and the only other title that took over my life like Deadlock is Dota... :D

I just double checked and there is also another person I invited during the email system on the 30th of July, still no access received.

Again, don't get me wrong, I know we are not entitled to get access and I am completely okay if none of them will get it, I am just trying to figure out if the system is bugged, or if I invited too many people.

I've also seen Yoshi mention in an other thread to just wait for the backlog to be cleared after a few days, so I still have my fingers crossed. :)

I just want to share the love, I think the game is amazing and the only other title that took over my life like Deadlock is Dota... :D
I got in around 8 hours after a friend invited me. Seems like it works.

I was invited by someone only a few days ago and it took rougly half a day for the notification to appear in my steam client. My steam account is 15 years old, and I have over 650 games with 3000 hours in dota, so perhaps there is a vetting process that checks to see how active your account is, how old it is, or how many games you have.

I was invited by someone only a few days ago and it took rougly half a day for the notification to appear in my steam client. My steam account is 15 years old, and I have over 650 games with 3000 hours in dota, so perhaps there is a vetting process that checks to see how active your account is, how old it is, or how many games you have.
True. I have like 3,5k hours on dota, my account is over 10 years at least and it matches what you're saying.

Some of the people I have invited have Dota 2 hours in the thousands (not all of them tho). Others I have invited before have none I think. Not sure if this is the "check" you have to pass to be honest.

Some of the people I have invited have Dota 2 hours in the thousands (not all of them tho). Others I have invited before have none I think. Not sure if this is the "check" you have to pass to be honest.
Don't just focus on my dota 2 hours. My account is also old, and I own more games than the average steam user.

All right, turns out most of them actually have it, they just missed the Steam notification... :'))) No more forum access tho?

Back