Mystic Reverb cooldown doesn't work

mkz

e: I can't read. The bug is that the internal cooldown for mystic reverb doesn't work as you can get back to back Reverbs just not within the 3s delay. Leaving the rest in for posterity.

This might be intentional but it's a bit unclear from the tooltips. Mystic Reverb does not apply a 2nd time if the imbued ability hits again during the short delay. This is easiest to reproduce with an Echo Shard or long duration ability. In the Echo Shard case, I would expect a 2nd application of Mystic Reverb that had its own delay as it's an entirely separate cast of the spell.

In the example:
1. Slash (442 damage)
2. Echo Shard (+20 spirit)
3. Slash (491 + 172 damage)

I would expect a 2nd Mystic Reverb following step 3 for ~196damage.

The same behavior can be observed using an ability with a long duration like Seven's Lightning Ball. The numbers are a lot smaller but the idea is the same, you cannot apply Mystic Reverb during the 3s window. This case is a bit different since its one Lightning Ball cast so arguably should only have one Mystic Reverb activation. Selfishly I like playing Yamato so that's more what I care about :)

Some alternatives:
- Start a new Mystic Reverb timer for additional hits (could be a lot of hits for an ability like Lightning Ball)
- Refresh the initial Mystic Reverb timer and add to the damage (maybe abusable for large reverb hits?)

Attachments

Last edited:
Mystic Reverb's tooltip shows a 12s cooldown on the passive.

1715057094377.png

If you use a Refresher instead of an Echo Shard it resets Mystic Reverb's cooldown as well, however you still can't apply 2 instances of Mystic Reverb on the same target at once which could be considered a bug.

Edit: It seems the 12s cooldown isn't actually working, so it's only the 3s non-stacking duration preventing you from applying multiple stacks like you said. I guess that's a bug as well.

Back