Morale Boost & Rally (Passive Support Buff)

LoreKnight

Morale Boost
Type: Vitality
Tier: 2 (1250 cost, +14% base health)
Component of: Rally

Attributes
+1m/s sprint sped
+5% bullet resist
+2.5 health regen

Passive Ability
Healing yourself or allies grants the recipient 1m/s bonus movement speed for 3 seconds. Lifesteal and health regen do not proc this. No cooldown

Rally
Type: Vitality
Tier: 3 (4250 cost, +17% base health)
Component: Morale Boost

Attributes

+2m/s sprint speed
+10% bullet resist
+6 health regen
+150 bonus health

Passive Ability
Healing yourself or allies grants the recipient 1.5m/s bonus movespeed and 30% resistance to firerate, dash, and movement slows for 3.5 seconds. Lifesteal and health regen do not proc this. No cooldown

Purpose
These two items serve as a way to provide more support-oriented playstyles the ability to share buffs with their team, providing mobility and counters to lockdown tools. The idea originated when I realized Deadlock has plenty of debuff items to apply to enemies, but almost no buff items to apply to teammates, especially ones that don't take active item slots. Additionally, there are few options for dealing with an overwhelming amount of slowdowns, so I thought adding another choice would be nice.

Ok now buy this and rescue beam or healing rite, etc. For little investment you give a lot of bonuses to someone. Really bad. Carries tend to clean whole map and neutrals and now you also giving them more survive ability for a little cost. Right now its bad, maybe somewhere in future, but idk what in the future.

I'm not sure exactly what your issue with it is. Do you think the bonuses given are too strong for the pricepoint and lack of active slot usage and that rectifying the expenditure would solve your problem? Do you think movespeed and slow resist are just too good to put as passive procs, and that it should either take an ability slot, have a cooldown, or be entirely different types of buffs?
I'd like to hear more of your thoughts, as I did what I could to keep the overall mobility boost low to focus more on it being useful for characters that have AoE heals!

I'm not sure exactly what your issue with it is. Do you think the bonuses given are too strong for the pricepoint and lack of active slot usage and that rectifying the expenditure would solve your problem? Do you think movespeed and slow resist are just too good to put as passive procs, and that it should either take an ability slot, have a cooldown, or be entirely different types of buffs?
I'd like to hear more of your thoughts, as I did what I could to keep the overall mobility boost low to focus more on it being useful for characters that have AoE heals!
There are reasons why we dont items like yours from the start, they create a situation when you get too much from buying it, and other team will have to buy it, but might benefit less from it. Overall toxic design, look dota recent aura meta. Same problem.

Back