Monitors lose connection solely while playing deadlock

sibby

Hello!

Loving the game so far. I have had a consistent issue with only deadlock, that after 30-60 minutes of the game being launched, Both of my monitors turn off and lose connection to my pc. I can still hear discord/the game sounds, but I cannot re-connect the monitors and have to reset my PC completely. Like I mentioned, I have played much more hardware intensive games on high settings and have never had this issue before.

Specs:GPU: RTX 3070
CPU: 12th Gen i7-12700F
MEM: 32GB DDR4
Primary Monitor: Asus 165Hz
Secondary Monitor: Dell 24" 60Hz

I did some research on the syslog errors in event viewer and have tried a few things so far:

1-Reseated all hardware and cabling
2-Duplicate GameInput Service known to cause similar issues, took the necessary steps to uninstall the duplicate in the x86 program files folder
3-Rolled back GPU drivers, reinstalled nvidia control panel, completely uninstalled and reinstalled drivers
4-Verified integrity of files, also completely reinstalled via steam
5-SFC scan and disk check
6-Confirmed hardware temps/capacity aren't an issue

I am curious to know if any other users have reported this issue or if it's just me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I am hoping to continue playing more of the testing!

Thank you everyone in advanced.

I haven't seen this in Deadlock, but I had a similar issue with Overwatch and the culprit ended up being GSync/Freesync and interactions with Nvidia Reflex & VSync. Probably not be related as afaik Deadlock doesn't have Reflex settings, but disabling both Vsync and Reflex solved the issue for me, in Overwatch.

There were also a lot of posts referencing how OC hardware can cause similar issues, but my system is pretty much bone stock clocks, except for like an XMP profile for RAM. Probably not related, likely misleading data points

Last edited:
I haven't seen this in Deadlock, but I had a similar issue with Overwatch and the culprit ended up being GSync/Freesync and interactions with Nvidia Reflex & VSync. Probably not be related as afaik Deadlock doesn't have Reflex settings, but disabling both Vsync and Reflex solved the issue for me, in Overwatch.
Hmm interesting. I don't have vsync enabled in deadlock, but i do have gsync enabled on the nvidia side. Perhaps may try to use fixed refresh instead. Thanks

I have this same issue, at first just starting a match will trigger a lost signal to both monitors, and have to reset pc.

Now I set all graphics low and can play the same but randomly it still happens when I'm on a match, really annoying and I don't think it's healthy for my disk to keep restarting...

Back