Momentum

zephen16

I had an idea for an item that was initially just an item that would let you do a second wall jump. possibly requiring a dash or double jump in between wall jumps if that's too strong on its own.

Then I had an idea for an Item that would greatly reward players that have the skill to use movement to its fullest.

Momentum:
passive: For every movement combo (Dash-jump, wall jump, dash slide) after the first, gain +1 m/s move speed until you (Im not sure the in game term for it but "come to rest". So the same moment you get back your ability to double jump/air dash/wall jump again is the when you lose the bonus move speed).

This would make it so you can chain movements over greater distances and is focused on rewarding the players that learn how to traverse the map using said movement for things such as split pushing, or engaging/disengaging from fights

Maybe make Momentum a 3k item and have a component of a 1250 that allows the player to do two tall jumps before needing to land again?

Another possible way to implement the item. Call it something like Inertia. Where you gain stacks of Inertia when you perform movement combos. Having each stack increase your move speed like .33 m/s and last for 10s? max of 9 stacks? Obviously I dont know what the proper numbers for a good balance of the item would be and it would likely need tweaking. The overall concept being an item where you get a buff for performing movement combos. With a larger buff the longer the combo is before hitting the ground

Back