McGinnis' early game strength is problematic

DNCharlie

As of late, I've found that I'm struggling to recover after losing a lane to her. She is able to steamroll and maintain some of the highest gun and spirit damage (even after she loses the lane).

The nerf to her wall and ult makes it look like the devs want her weakness to be close range. This is a trap since her minigun is high dps and its easier to land hits in close range with once it spun up.

She is able to jungle and farm lanes very effectively due to her turrets. Ultimately, turrets negate the "close range" weakness. They are strong and don't require any maintenance. She is also able to push lanes hard with the turrets.

This has made me think why I struggle against her while other Engineer-archetypes from other games don't bother me as much. I realized her Turret is charge based and has a cooldown (and interacts with echoshard/refresher).

The engineer from TF2, however, must build up his turret to level 3 before it is effective. Torbjorn from OW must also build up his turret. I understand the pacing of Deadlock isn't the same as OW or TF2 but it still irks me that McGinnis can drop 3-6 turrets in a team fight. Venomancer from Dota has a similar ward to McGinnis's turrets, he is able to drop many wards quickly. However his wards require mana to place. They attack slowly and seem to have a smaller range compared to McGinnis Turrets.

McGinnis turrets are fast and strong, have lots of health, and are fire-and-forget. The dynamics of a team fight usually leave many people near death. If the fight pushes past the turrets the retreating team is often killed by the turrets while ziplining back.

I propose McGinnis gets a gun similar to Warden, call the gun a rivet gun. I also propose the turrets require a couple of shots from the rivet gun to build them up and keep their ammo up. McGinnis then should only be able to heal/refill her turrets by shooting them. The turrets now gain some of the weapon item properties McGinnis has.

Copy paste that to general hero gameplay feedback, devs might not check every thread out there.
As of thread subject, she is problematic in spirit build and heal maxing, or when you run at 3 or more turrets in one place, or when she is soloing midboss with turrets. really annoying hero. if you ambush her, her only way out is landing perfect wall.
There is also more problematic laners in game. so idk.

Back