Maestro- A Jazz based hero

Apringle2

Maybe I watched Whiplash too recently, but I think it would be fun to do one or even multiple music based heroes.

If one character, I think a collection of different force based music attacks and defenses, if multiple heroes, maybe two partners, one who is more percussion based, one who is more horns/reed instruments.

I think in keeping with the motif, a lot of the joy of this character would be the sound effects that the powers could generate, and ideally this would be a hero where they could use their powers in quick succession, and they would overlap with each other. So for example an AOE would generate a tempo, and then an attack would generate the horns that would be in line with the AOE tempo.

In terms of gameplay, as sound is air vibrations, I'd assume a character that has a lot of push and pull abilities vs grapples or stuns. So battlefield control over 1v1 or ganking.

Just as an example:
MAESTRO
A full ensemble controlling the battlefield.

1 - Tempo
An AOE attack that deals damage and mini-stuns to a beat.

2 - Bell Ringer
A horn grenade that pushes all enemies away from the center of the blast.

3 - Freeform
An AOE buff to allies and creeps that increases attack speed and mini heals (to the same beat as Tempo)

4- Brass Tacks
Massive horns erupt from Maestro's back, the outer two horns blow away outer enemies, the inner two horns pulling in your target.

References/Inspirations

"Big Band" from Skullgirls
Violet hargreeves from Umbrella Academy
Cowboy Bebop soundtrack

Attachments

• BigBand1.jpg
    BigBand1.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back