Losing control, lag spikes, audio underrun, game speeds up

u130b8

This happened more than 4 times during a single private bot match (happens in public matches too).

Specs:
ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd
16118 MB (DDR4 SDRAM)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design (4 GB)

In the first video it goes as follows:
0:02 = Audio underrun and frame drops to 1 fps (lasts 15-20 seconds)
0:17 = Character freezes with a glitched animation and does not respond to any commands (no walking, no shooting, no chat wheel), but everything else in game interacts with the character properly (can be moved, damaged, affected by abilities)
0:36 = Character randomly moves on its own (maybe replaying my past inputs?)

View attachment bug_2.mp4

In the second video the lag is much more intense:
0:01 = Frames drop
0:07 = No control of character, glitched animation, random movement
0:19 = Frames drop, still no control of character
0:29 = Frames return, still no control of character
0:33 = Frames drop for a very long time (1m 30s)
2:02 = Frames return, still no control of character, random movement
2:12 = Try "going in" chat wheel, no response, no control of character
2:39 = Killed, respawn timer is 51 seconds, falling under the map
2:44 = Game speeds up during spectate, respawn timer is 43 seconds and runs out very fast (video is not sped up)
2:57 = Character respawned, no control, glitched animation, random movement
3:00 = The "going in" chat wheel from 1 minute ago gets replayed

View attachment bug_3.mp4

Another thing I've noticed is that after this happens and the game eventually returns to normal, the character item build or guide resets to default.

Last edited:
Confirmed that it's happening in public matches too, so far it happened every single match.

These freezes occur every 5 to 10 minutes and it's especially bad when it unfreezes and I still can't control the character (while the game is still going); I can see the enemy shooting me in real time but I'm unable to move and have a glitched animation during this period.

I have a friend running similar specs(if not the same) and they aren't getting issues like this, it may be a graphics driver error(in which case you should update it/you just needing to restart your laptop. You might also need to lower your settings.

I've updated my graphics drivers and lowered all graphics settings to minimum.
Played 2 bot matches so far and did not have any major freezes or frame drops.
Audio still did underrun a few times during the match but it did not lead to a total stall, desync and losing control (as it usually used to do).

1720104173015.png

1720104122536.png

Back