Leaving a crashed lobby results in a ban

kibur13

I was in a game, getting my butt handed to me, then everything freezes and animations continue. 10s later a "Lost connection to host" (not exact) message appears. I'm kicked into the lobby, click play, and I realize that I'm joining the old lobby. Thinking that maybe it's fixed, I sat for a minute or two, but it was just me and another guy. I left the game and back to the lobby. I try to match make again, this time I Abandon the game and start looking for a fresh game that actually has people in it. I join a new game, I play great, we win. Trying to ride that luck, I go to queue again but am met with a modal letting me know that I have a temp ban for 30 mins.

I get it, I also would like to punish players who just leave, but having a check for recent, server-side errors before counting a player as a quitter would be really cool.

Love the game, keep it up!

PS: I realize that this might be a feature request, but I assume that you're not trying to accidentally ban users.
PPS: It just dawned on me that maybe the original crash should have prompted me to come here... not the ban 😅 I guess I'm reporting both!

Back