Leave Penalty

Bokkie

How i think about the current leave penalty:

In my opinion, deadlock is a game made to play with 5 other people, so i think it's on the devs that there will be alot leavers, since the stars have to allign to have a fun/good match because with 5 other people there will be too much chances somebody ruins it.

trying to force people to keep playing instead leaving the match will only up the toxicity, best thing to do is just to allow people to leave if they are not having fun.

discouraging is fine till a point i think 1 hour not able to play again is enough and max.
To be honest could even be 30 min.

The option that when someone leaves the rest can leave safe without consequences is good, yet it would be nice that it spawns sooner.

I think a surrender option would be good aswell after like 20 min.

The Low priority penalty is i think good to discourage leaving over and over again, yet the amount of matches you have to spend in them is way too high.

I think for ranked these idea's could work aswell and then just an extra drop in ranked points for leaving, since if a team member leaves it's not that toxic, it's like a bummer but that you can leave then aswell without consequences is not that toxic.

Again, i think that the devs should just keep in mind that they made a game where 6 random people have to play together is a high chance for discord/chaos so they can't blame everything on the player.

Games should be for fun, and when some1 is not having fun they should be able to just leave the match without too much extra punishment.

since again, when a team member leaves and you waste 15 min time isn't THAT toxic, okey it's a bummer, but with surrender option / able to leave also without consequences it's do able.

Forcing people to play when the match isn't fun will just make it toxic in general.

Just my idea's about it,
Greetings

Back