Jumping out of slide

Oetzel

I learned about slide hopping existing and wanted to try it out but it didn't work. So i tested around a bit.

The goal of slide hopping is to jump out of a slide to carry some of the momentum from the slide into the jump. Sliding requires a minimum speed of 10 m/s (according to what i know/think) or a slope. Without any items or a slope the momentum necessary can be created by using a dash and hit crouch. This will enter a slide. BUT i wasn't able to jump out of the slide again, remaining stuck in the slide.

A slide jump was possible for me when the slide was enterd by using:
- an item to buff my move/sprintspeed to 10 m/s and just crouching
- walking on a slop going downstairs
- using a dash jump and sliding out of the jump

Futher testing revealed that using a dash and then crouching before the stamina bar turns blue, normally indicating the dash jump timing, will turn the bar blue immediately. A dash jump was not possible for me, using this indicater. Instead i was stuck in slide as before.

This gave me the idea that the dash jump might block the jump from the slide (Don't ask me how). After some tries i indeed hit a timing which allowed me to jump out of the slide. Dashing and waiting until the dash jump timing is missed (+a tiny bit) and than crouching allows me to enter a slide and to jump out of it.

Maybe i'm just don't know how to slide jump and if so it'd be nice if you could tell me. Otherwise that's my findings.

With kind regards
Oetzel

Back