It makes no sense to regionalize the names of heroes

gbl14

It makes no sense to change the names of the game's heroes, considering that most of the content being generated is in English.

It makes no sense to change LASH's name to CHICO
HAZE to BRUMA
WRAITH to ESPECTRA
IVY to HERA
WARDEN to GUARDA

This generates a lot of communication errors within the game, since the game is new and people have not yet managed to memorize the names of the heroes.

It would be better to keep the names untranslated, as is done in other games, so that it would not cause any communication and character identity problems.

I agree,

A razão de ser "chico" é que lash vem do chicote. se vc remover o te do chicote vira chico.

Eu acho que só deveria ser legendado se o jogo tiver dublagem e mesmo assim euacho que a dublagem deveria usar os nomes em inglês. É tipo assistir o cyberpunk e ver que traduziram "netrunner" para "trilha rede"

Yes Lash is an Iconic name please do not change. The peruvians will go to town with Lash. They might be offended if you're here calling him chico...

EL LASH. See works so much better. I agree. Do not change the names. The names should be iconic. Shiv is an iconic name. So is Lash.

Chico is mad racist tbh. Bad Valve. Bad. *Finger wag*

(Im hispanic, trust me Lash is better)

Espectra isn't even a word anyone uses. Most use Fantasma. Or Espantaja.

Yes Lash is an Iconic name please do not change. The peruvians will go to town with Lash. They might be offended if you're here calling him chico...

EL LASH. See works so much better. I agree. Do not change the names. The names should be iconic. Shiv is an iconic name. So is Lash.

Chico is mad racist tbh. Bad Valve. Bad. *Finger wag*

(Im hispanic, trust me Lash is better)

Espectra isn't even a word anyone uses. Most use Fantasma. Or Espantaja.
Here in Brazil 'Chico' its just a nickname for 'Francisco'. So they made a joke with 'Francisco Teixeira' or 'Chico T.'
It's kinda funny but as we already discuss in another topic names which sounds like names should not be translated.

Here in Brazil 'Chico' its just a nickname for 'Francisco'. So they made a joke with 'Francisco Teixeira' or 'Chico T.'
It's kinda funny but as we already discuss in another topic names which sounds like names should not be translated.
Isso do francisco teixeira = Chico T. é sério? Nossa. É pior do que eu pensei...

Back