instant crash on match start since update

Nysralel

Never had any issues in the last hundred or so hours of gameplay. Since the most recent update the game crashes instantly upon launching into any game type. I uninstalled and re-installed the game, still have the same issue. Verified files, etc.
unsure of why it's started doing this now.

hey I have the same error, this is the last screen I see before it crashes!
I even upgraded my RAM just now because i thought that's the chokepoint

Same here. Game crashing completely when a game starts (bot-match or regular). Hero-demo mode is working fine.

AMD 5800X3D
AMD 6700 XT
32 GB RAM

I tried everything, I upgraded my RAM from 8GB to 32GB, updated the drivers and reinstalled the game.
Nothing helps, cannot get past the loading screen, it shows elements of the UI and abruptly shuts down the game without displaying any error message...
What do I do guys I have to play Ivy!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 3
Issue: Graphic-Settings leads to crash
Solution: go to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Deadlock\game\citadel\cfg and rename video.txt to video1.txt

-> so you have a backup of your settings. Your graphic settings will be on default if you start a match then.
-> Play have fun.

Try this but also please share the contents of your video.txt and report whether or not renaming (or deleting) it fixed your issue.

Posting this everywhere where people had the same issue I had. I assume with 99% confidence I'm correct, but hopefully a Dev can confirm eventually. (DonH confirmed)

Solution: I had the same issue, my crashing was caused by having
"setting.volume_fog_depth" "1"
Specifically set to "1" in my cfg/video.txt file, so yes you can delete your video.txt file and restarting Deadlock will bring the .txt file back to default settings, however I set this setting to "6" instead of "1" and my game does not crash anymore. "48" is default setting.

Back