IMPORTANT BAN/TIMEOUT BUG WHEN CLICKING SANDBOX RIGHT AS YOU QUEUE INTO A GAME

Altekko

I have left games prior to result in my timeout being set to 2 hours; that's on me and it's understandable.

WHAT IS NOT UNDERSTANDABLE is the bug I ran into by complete accident, resulting in that timeout unfairly being placed on me.

WHAT HAPPENED: I queued into a public game and in the meantime wanted to test some things out with a hero (Geist). So while I was in queue I went to the heroes menu and clicked enter sandbox for the character.
It seems I just so happened to click enter sandbox right as the queue completed and did not enter either. I believe I tried to click resume in the post-queue main menu to do something, but the only thing that seemed to happen was me going back to the true main menu with a 2hr ban and a "low prority queue" behaviour mark on my account. I don't know if I my 'body' was queued into the game and marked as dc'd or the game never put me in a match to begin with but I witnessed what happened on my end and am very frustrated by it.

This is an absurdly unfair turn of events that I want to make sure doesn't happen to anyone else so I am reporting it here in hopes that it is addressed. It would be great if I could get the demotions on my account revoked but I'm sure this won't be seen in time, so maybe just that supposed "left game" be un-tallied from my account.

Either way, this shouldn't be a thing that happens and should be fixed or addressed, such as not being able to enter sandbox if the queue is close to being popped, or at all if not possible, or some sort of workaround.

Hope this is viewed as many of these bug reports are left unresponded to,
All the best to y'all either way

~~Altekko

Back