Ideas of game rhythm

ChiChiJun

I gusee that Deadlock is a game that combines CS and Dota, but in terms of game rhythm,In CS, the change in game rhythm before and after bomb placement makes this game more tense and exciting. In Dota, as time goes by, the increasing intensity of minions accelerates the pace of the game.In the Deadlock, I hope to see some new rhythm changes, but unfortunately, I haven't experienced them yet.
As a combination of MOBA and FPS games, I speculate that Deadlock may be able to emulate its two predecessors, for example, it can use the "destruction of defense towers" node as a moment of rhythm change. But as a non gaming industry practitioner, I am not very able to come up with a development direction on this. I hope everyone here can brainstorm and provide suggestions

I'm not sold on deadlock being a cs predecessor, but i get what you are saying. I do think some sort of map/minion evolution would be something deadlock will have in the future. I like the idea of having the map evolve or for there to be another mini boss objective. If i had to come up with something i would have an underground mini boss that gives a hero on your team an aghanim scepter type upgrade (a la tormentor in dota). I would name him Miles and he would be a giant rat mob boss that talks like Al Capone.

The urn mechanic almost fills that role of planting a bomb and giving a sudden, somewhat important, objective. I would love to see where they go with that because it could really add some team urgency.

Back