Hero Specific Hotkeys Still Broken 10/1/2024

jackcornellober

Hello, thanks for fixing most of the problems with hero specific hotkeys!

Remaining problem: During a match, while dead, "Upgrade Ability" hotkeys do not obey hero specific bindings.

Works as intended while alive, not while dead.

To be a little more clear, if you have hero specific keybinds enabled, then have keybinds for abilities differ from default for your current hero, then die, attempting to level up an ability puts a point in the ability that the default has set for that button.

So, say I have default keybinds for M4/M5/E for abilities 1/2/3, then hero specific keybinds as M4/E/M5 for abilities 1/2/3. When I'm dead and hold tab, then press E, it levels up ability 3 (default keybind for E) instead of ability 2 (hero specific keybind for E.)

Happens to me all the time because I keep auto-piloting upgrading abilities the same way I normally do while I'm dead. Very annoying, literally made an account here because I wanted to post this bug, but found it already was in this thread. Doing my part to raise awareness.

Last edited:
To be a little more clear, if you have hero specific keybinds enabled, then have keybinds for abilities differ from default for your current hero, then die, attempting to level up an ability puts a point in the ability that the default has set for that button.

So, say I have default keybinds for M4/M5/E for abilities 1/2/3, then hero specific keybinds as M4/E/M5 for abilities 1/2/3. When I'm dead and hold tab, then press E, it levels up ability 3 instead of ability 2.

Happens to me all the time because I keep auto-piloting upgrading abilities the same way I normally do while I'm dead. Very annoying, literally made an account here because I wanted to post this bug, but found it already was in this thread. Doing my part to raise awareness.
Thank you for adding your +1 and some extra detail to the thread. My experience with the bug matches what you described exactly.

I really hope this is fixed in the next major update, it’s so annoying!

Back