Hero Idea and Full Kit: Noira the Relentless Journalist

Drippypenguin

I am aware there have been a couple of journalist or truth-seeker esque ideas on the forum, but I'd like to give my own take to start a conversation. Now this is my first time making a suggestion for a hero to a moba game or something similar but I will try to be cohesive as possible! Also I am gonna try and be as simple as possible, and put a handful of 'alternatives' at the bottom of the post since there are solutions in my head while designing this idea.

First I wanna say that I REALLY loving the game and that motivated me to actually go in with this idea the second I saw someone mentioning hero suggestions on the forum! I'm a big fan of the aesthetic of the game and the general theme it leans into, grimdark with a hint of goof, a cast of genuinely dark individuals with their moral compass either unaligned or tossed to the trashbin. And I wanna keep that aspect for my journalist Noira who I want to be fully embrace the 'Noir' theme of New York.

Background: Thriving to be on the top of the headlines the young curious journalist dedicated her strong sense of discovery to be out there in the action rather than staying behind a writing desk. An adventurous young girl with that never let her target off her sight and always knew how to enter the scene to grab the most scandolous photo. Despite working as a small journalist for a big name newspaper she considered herself to be a 'true' truth-seeker. She wants the truth and nothing but the truth! And those powerful emotions got a response from an entity beyond her realm, it sought after her attention for weeks all the while she brushed the odd feeling as nothing but a headache. But her greed to discover the unsavory secrets of the society eventually backfired. Caught in a sting operation she 'ruined' a big operation conducted by the law enforcement, and with such a failure put on her name she was deemed a liability in the eyes of her former workplace.

That pushed her mentality over the edge- something that led to her inevitable meeting with the entity that has been trying to reach for her well over a month. An abnormal creature of no known origin appeared in her sight, the eldritch being with a thousand eyes offered Noira the gift to know, a gift that for sure would grant her the tool to satisfy her hunger for good. It was no ordinary gift either, a fountain pen with the entity's ensigna beautifully engraved in shiny silver. It's told that this fountain pen is capable of giving the wielder the ability to witness the truth with the naked eye. No person nor any elaborate lie could hide away from the eldritch's sight. All of that for the price of Noira's eyes being replaced with two from the eldritch god. What a deal! With a naive smile the young girl accepts the trade.

With the eldritch power now flowing through her the young journalist felt like nothing could ever stop her, the words of the Eldritch God held true when she could see everything, things a mere mortal should never be able to see, forbidden cursed knowledge. And as soon Noira placed the tip of the pen on paper the words came flowing, things she'd never be able to write and document in a lifetime. Trade secrets, criminal affairs, the dark underworld of the city and it's spread influence, all within her seemingly endless sight. It's exhilirating, however, she soon discovers the many written paragraphs she hashes out are not of her own thoughts, but the great influence by the Eldritch God. The words kept spewing insanity and horrid ideals, and before she knows it she's effectively being used as a pen by the entity, nothing more than a tool, used to spread the it's wicked evil grasp on to the mortal realm (in other words Eldritch propaganda lol). In a desperate act to hinder herself down an inescapable pit- Noira grabs the accursed pen and scratches her eyes out, effectively severing the domineering bond with the eldritch entity. But by doing so the eldritch ink from the pen mixes with her essence of life, with the black liquid running through her veins she falls into a limbo between the erethreal and mortal world.

With her accursed tight bond with the pen Noira carries the acquired knowledge from the eldritch entity to stop the many unaccounted events of the eldritch forces seeping deeper into her world and what she used to call home.

Visual: Noira leans heavily on the montone Noir era style with genuinely zero color on her model. With the paper print trenchcoat she is easily visible with the brightness along with the heavy contrasts of her sleep black pants and bobcut hairstyle. For silhuette identity her reporter hat overflowing with zines (and perhaps even falling off once in a while) will set her apart from other humanoid heros with coats. If need there can be an additional item leaning on her hip, a shoulderstrapped old-timey longtime exposure camera that can be connected with her Paparazzi Ability(2).

Weapon: The Fountain Pen is an overdecorative elaborate writing tool that she points with and fires ink balls in rapid sessions. And when the pen "runs dry" she aggressively shakes it and giving the tip a couple of taps on her tongue.

Playstyle: Continuing with her approach to seek the truth her gameplay are the kind that supports the heavy damagers, namely those that tend to be a bit slower. She prioritizes locking down a target with her Ink Splodge Ability(1) and giving her allies a great speed boost when walking on her ink trail during her Comic Strip Ability(3). She traverses easily and can cling onto enemies to make it easier for her team to land their shots. She can't directly help her team directly except for movement, but she is more than capable of making it harder for the enemy.

Ability 1: (Ink Splodge) Swiping her hand forward the fountain pen spills a thin wave of black ink that *marks* enemy entities and damages them. While being *marked* the target is completely visible, a silhuette of them will appear behind walls and obstacle, allies can see the same. A *marked* target also receives increased percentage damage from all sources.

Ability 2: (Paparazzi) Charging for a second Noira puts her hands up and making the camera gesture, flashing a damaging strong light in a cone shape infront of her that stuns targets having her in their sight, if not they instead receives a short slow.

Ability 3: (Comic Strip) Noira sinks into her own ink on the ground and travels across surfaces at high speed. The large amounts of splashing makes her appearance easy to see so its not meant for stealth, however it is leaving a trail of black ink that boosts the speed on her allies. Pressing (3) again will launch her into medium height, if on a wall she leaps. Just pressing Space will have her rise back out normally. She is not untargetable.

Ultimate: (The Big Scoop) With the goal of getting close to the enemy Noira channels her ability for a second before bursting a cloud of paper and ink that swirls around her in a spherical shape. Within this sphere any targets receives a constant damage and builds up slow. Noira can use any of her abilities during the duration.

Back