Hat Adjacent Items

Dezzy

Hats, where do we start about hats. Don't get me wrong it would be cool to have them but what about little shoulder buddies that the character interacts with? it can include the same mystic/mythical/common/ etc. A little stuffed animal that is lore based or better yet community voted like CS2 and the creator gets a unique version of the item they made that's only for them like the genuine case key.

Maybe something that is unique to the character model armor, item, gun, particle effects when walking. I'm sure there's a white board that will be filled with ideas for what people want and what the devs think will be right for the game, but hey at least there's a forum!

I'm sure the workshop will be filled with tons of items. There was an attempt at making a buddy cosmetic in dota, Almond the frondillo, and the crytstal maiden puppy... and then it went nowhere?

Hats, where do we start about hats. Don't get me wrong it would be cool to have them but what about little shoulder buddies that the character interacts with? it can include the same mystic/mythical/common/ etc. A little stuffed animal that is lore based or better yet community voted like CS2 and the creator gets a unique version of the item they made that's only for them like the genuine case key.

Maybe something that is unique to the character model armor, item, gun, particle effects when walking. I'm sure there's a white board that will be filled with ideas for what people want and what the devs think will be right for the game, but hey at least there's a forum!
to also add, items you can purchase on a Deadlock official website plushies, pins, hats, clothes, etc. would provide exclusive in game items items would be a neat feature.

Yes please add skins to the game that you can trade on the marketplace. 😍

Dear god, the last thing this game needs is an economy system to run into the ground like CS2 and TF2. The less incentive to play the game to get real world cash, the better. I'd rather a season pass or the option to buy cosmetic skins directly with some in game currency or a $1.50 microtransaction than letting Valve have yet another game that was eviscerated by bot farms wanting to make cash.
to also add, items you can purchase on a Deadlock official website plushies, pins, hats, clothes, etc. would provide exclusive in game items items would be a neat feature.

This would be nice though. Stuff that I can physically hold and put on a shelf in real life while also getting a nice skin out of it for in game is a great idea. No idea why Valve went away with doing this, but if they make something like a figure of a Hero then give you a code that lets you get a gilded skin for that same hero in game that you can't trade? That'd be really neat.

Dear god, the last thing this game needs is an economy system to run into the ground like CS2 and TF2. The less incentive to play the game to get real world cash, the better. I'd rather a season pass or the option to buy cosmetic skins directly with some in game currency or a $1.50 microtransaction than letting Valve have yet another game that was eviscerated by bot farms wanting to make cash.

This would be nice though. Stuff that I can physically hold and put on a shelf in real life while also getting a nice skin out of it for in game is a great idea. No idea why Valve went away with doing this, but if they make something like a figure of a Hero then give you a code that lets you get a gilded skin for that same hero in game that you can't trade? That'd be really neat.
if they are able to make it so achievements aren't rewarding items that are a little bit of an advantage and more cosmetic (TF2 ish) then i think that will be fine tbh

if they are able to make it so achievements aren't rewarding items that are a little bit of an advantage and more cosmetic (TF2 ish) then i think that will be fine tbh
Oh no, I don't mind cosmetics themselves. I love the thought of giving some way to change how your character looks, giving them some sort of little follower, giving you some sort of effect trail, that sort of thing.

I just think the last thing that Valve should do after years of pure unbridled real world cash for virtual item trade based profit is look at the immense amount of absurd item sales numbers vs the sheer number of bot farms that exist on TF2 and CS2 for the soul purpose of gaining items to sell for profit and going "Well, it's really evil to give into all that mess, but we stand to gain player count numbers and residuals off of people doing this, so I guess we'll have to add loot boxes and a public trading market into this game too:(:(:(☹️"

Back