hardware banned because the guy who invited you got banned?

itzcrazyzockt

Like this has to be the most stupid thing i have ever seen. Getting PERMANENTLY hwid banned cause the guy who invited you missbehaved? How is that my fault? I have never in my life witnessed something similary dumb.

Its not a secret that 99% of people got access from random people on the internet who mass invite people so who at valve actually decided that this was a good idea. And the craziest part is that i read somewhere that this ban might even carry over to full release???

No way this is true right??? I have invited many friends to play the game what if they get banned? will it affect me in reverse? surely not I'm not there dad I can't monitor what they do so how should this affect me or you.

No way this is true right??? I have invited many friends to play the game what if they get banned? will it affect me in reverse? surely not I'm not there dad I can't monitor what they do so how should this affect me or you.
I dont know if bans are also applied there but when the guy who invited you gets banned youre banned as well and that is also stated in one of the update threads. Like im so pissed right now that I cant play now for possibly forever if the bans go over to full release just cause the guy who invited me got banned

I dont know if bans are also applied there but when the guy who invited you gets banned youre banned as well and that is also stated in one of the update threads. Like im so pissed right now that I cant play now for possibly forever if the bans go over to full release just cause the guy who invited me got banned

That's impossible for you to control, so the ban must not stand almost everyone has had an invite from someone they had just met thanks to the invite system they put in.
Will Steam support help you in this situation? open a ticket atleast we will have a clear reason from themselves

if one of your invited friends uses cheats - you go down with them too.

That's impossible for you to control, so the ban must not stand almost everyone has had an invite from someone they had just met thanks to the invite system they put in.
Will Steam support help you in this situation? open a ticket atleast we will have a clear reason from themselves
Clearly it doesnt help, just look at tall the new forum posts or people complaining on discord. they are handing out HWID bans like crazy. Wouldnt surprise me if this snowballs into literally a majority of the player base beeing banned. As i said never seen something stupid like that in my life before.

Thankfully my friends are hardcore with aged accounts they care about I can understand why this happens. Is this just a beta thing or will this carry to a final released product
Thats the funny thing they might literally carry over these bans to final release
So I will maybe not be able to play this game literally EVER again because i let myself get invited to the game by some random online (like 99% of players), and got unlucky cause he missbehaved

Yes some bans work downstream, if the person that invited you turns out to be a bad actor it can cause the people they invited to get banned. I can't believe this has to be said but it is not recommended to be affiliated with a rulebreaker and OP has to remember, this is a closed invite-only game, and using mass invites or invites from rule breakers because "everyone else does it" doesn't magically get you off the hook.

Also this is not a bug lol

If this is true, probably a genius idea. Cheaters have cheater friends and I approve of this kind of network banning, though I worry a little because I sent out like 50 invites to my active steam pals (some of which I haven't talked to or gamed with in many years) when the Deadlock NDA? was lifted just so more people would give the game a try (I know a lot of 'ew hero shooters' types who would otherwise love Deadlock if they'd just try it.) If they warned you ahead of time to be careful who you invite, it would be a fantastic system (vouching, basically. something I use to great effect in game guilds/groups) but as it is, I kind of worry.

Back