Hard PC Reboot Midmatch

amaupin1098

Sometimes during a match my PC will randomly shut down and reboot without warning. I've played several matches without issue, but after inviting my friend 2/3 matches crashed mid-match. I noticed that it often happens during the 'most intense moments' during a match. I have found that I am often able to reproduce the issue after I rejoin the match and get into another intense fight. As this is a hard PC reboot I'm not able to refer to any error messages or produce any crash dumps.

While this sounds like a hardware issue, this is the first game out of my extensive steam library I've noticed this problem, and considering this is a beta, I thought it would be best to report.

Reproduced on 3/4ths and max settings using the basic slider.
Resolution: 2560x1440p
RAM: 32gb
GPU: RTX 3090
CPU: i7-14700K

I've also recently updated my bios due to the intel microcode issue, so I should be on the latest one. That being said, I'm pretty sure if it was a CPU issue I would bluescreen instead of receiving a hard reboot mid match.

did you update your UEFI?

Sadly 13th and 14th gen Intels with TDP over 65W are very prone to instability.

source:

EDIT:
sorry, didn't notice you mentioned BIOS update.

Try stresstesting your CPU and GPU at the same time. I've seen similar things, when PSU failed to deliver enough power for the system.
FurMark 1 has built in CPU burner - start it, then start FurMark Burn Test, with HWMonitor nearby to monitor your systems power usage.

Last edited:
It's also notable that I'm not able to reproduce the issue using FurMark burn-in testing.
I had the exact same problem, lowering a bit graphic setting and undervolting+underclocking further my gpu (3080) stabilized the situation at the expense of some performance (10-15fps), for your 3090 should be even less noticeable. You may give it a try.

Back