GPU memory leak latest patch 29/9/2024 [SOLVED]

maikkelsson6

Hi, i'm reporting about issue having since the latest patch. Deadlock is utilizing 100% gpu during game and over 10GB stuff in gpu after match has ended and at the main menu. Only thing that clears those memory buffers is to close the game.
Issues such behaviour is that gpu drops frames in low to high intensity situations such as breaking box, laning or fights. Gameplay has become unplayable before this problem is sorted out.

Specs:
- 4070 TI
- i7-13700k

gpu memory utilization
* loading in game gpu memory: 3GB
* ingame memory: 12GB
* after game in mainmenu: 10G

1. Tried to default my settings; had no effect since gpu buffers were still full and didnt have effect on the load

I've been experiencing the same issue, reinstalling the game did not fix it. Performance gets worse and worse as the match goes on.

This issue has plagued me since Mirage's release, however. I don't think it's related to the patch that most recently came out.

The game is seriously not optimised at this point, and I hope it will be adressed. 12 people pressing all their skills and shooting all their weapons at the same time in the late game fights creates just billions of particles which ends-up not only in a huge visual mess of pixels on the screen but also in cooked GPUs. I wish they could just clean-up all the visuals to 1/5 of the particle amount/impact.

I had close median of 144 fps with the bug in highest settings using DirectX11 after trying to switch to Vulkan median was closer to 120 fps which was interesting indeed. After reinstalling game i got back to ~220 fps using highest settings. So the problem had closely ~33% "fps loss" but since the game uses FSR magic that autogenerates frames using the AI the dropped frames that GPU couldn't provide since the memory got leaked and it tried to sustain itself with full memory buffer; the fps counter (steams own) cant provide accurate data about the accurate framerate.

@Clocked Please try what I had to do, which was point the game to actually use my GPU. It was not detecting it and trying to use on-board graphics would you believe.

I know for a fact that the game is using my discrete GPU, so unfortunately that solution would not help me and I'm certain we're experiencing different problems.

Back