Game Frozen from Start, Disconnects me when I Rejoin

fabiancbanu

Hi,
I played a good number of games today, but the last two I encountered this same problem.

First Game Match ID: 20190819
I was unable to unlock my first ability during the beginning of the round, was unable jump off the zip, move or shoot. I disconnected and attempted to reconnect, but faced the same problem each time I tried to rejoin. Couldn't unlock any abilities. I could move and shoot for maybe a second, but the rest of the gameworld was frozen in time. I was queued up with friends so I could see on their stream that things were working normally for them.
Despite trying to rejoin best I could, I got a 2h leave penalty.

Second Game Match ID: 20217040
After the leave penalty expired, I queued up with my friends again only to encounter the same problem. I completely uninstalled steam and rebooted my computer and installed everything again, but the problem persisted. I got another leave penalty.

At this point, I can't even play against bots-- it says the client can't talk to the Deadlock Network.
Any help would be appreciated.

Update: While trying to join a private bot match (leave penalty in effect), the game says "can't talk to the Deadlock Network" and my friends list temporarily signs me out of steam.

Further, when trying to spectate a match through the client, everything seems normal for a few seconds, and then gameplay freezes, and I'm 'offline' on steam.

Back