Game Crashing

alittlemenace

When Playing the game I randomly crash out of no where, usually once or twice during the first game I play. After those crashes I usually have no issues.

I have been having these issues too since today's update!
But the crashes keep happening and it seemingly happens at random too.
In public matches, bot matches, hero sandbox...
During battle, during a dubble jump, while just walking around...
Crash to desktop

I also updated graphics drivers and updated windows, and restarted too.

I was crashing randomly before the update (complete freeze and system reset), and always as soon as i entered the sandbox after the update.
In my case lowering the graphic settings a bit + undervolting and underclocking the gpu seems to have stabilized the situation.

I was crashing randomly before the update (complete freeze and system reset), and always as soon as i entered the sandbox after the update.
In my case lowering the graphic settings a bit + undervolting and underclocking the gpu seems to have stabilized the situation.
I have a 2080 super paired with an amd ryzen 2700x
I think underclocking anything that is at stock settings shouldnt make a difference, but I will try this out...

Lowered all graphics to the minimum and even tried using vulkan instead of directx11
Random crashes kept happening yesterday well into the night and after the patch.

Setting everything to a minimum seemed to prevent the crash for me, and the fact the pc was freezing and resetting with no crash dumps made me think of a hardware instability (my GPU). If your crashes are different than this it may be all a different story tho, and underclocking/volting as you said would not solve anything.
If your pc does not resets it may produce crash dumps to investigate further.

1. "..\steamapps\common\Project8Staging\game\bin\win64\project8_*_*_*_*_*.mdmp",
2. "..\Steam\dumps\crash_project8.exe_*_*.dmp";
3. "..\windows\minidump"

I was not crashing until most recent update. A single crash at the end of match I enabled the reduce flashing effects for this match which had not been on before maybe this function is bugged. Also upon rebooting the game received a strange visual bug.

Attachments

• 20240817043748_1.jpg
    20240817043748_1.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 9
Setting everything to a minimum seemed to prevent the crash for me, and the fact the pc was freezing and resetting with no crash dumps made me think of a hardware instability (my GPU). If your crashes are different than this it may be all a different story tho, and underclocking/volting as you said would not solve anything.
If your pc does not resets it may produce crash dumps to investigate further.

1. "..\steamapps\common\Project8Staging\game\bin\win64\project8_*_*_*_*_*.mdmp",
2. "..\Steam\dumps\crash_project8.exe_*_*.dmp";
3. "..\windows\minidump"
I do have about 23 crash reports in the 2. You mentioned.
1 is from 15/08
16 are from 16/08 (during yesterdays playtest)
6 are from 17/08 (last night during the playtest)

I am however not well versed in crashdump translations...

Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?

I am however not well versed in crashdump translations...

Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?

Sorry same, bumping hoping someone more competent sees it, otherwise you may try opening another post asking for someone to help translate the dumps.

can everyone with crashing issues say what their specs are? its kinda meaningless to do so otherwise (and crash logs if you have them)

I have the same, with a 3090 and ryzen 5900x. I have had 5 hard black screen crashes (the whole PC) over the course of 20 hours of gametime. not a single game log, and no logs for the PC. It seems like it affects specific matches almost too, my literal first game crashes twice, I turned off my undervolt and it appeared to go away, but despite that 15 hours later I get 3 more crashes exactly the same, all in one match.

can everyone with crashing issues say what their specs are? its kinda meaningless to do so otherwise (and crash logs if you have them)

I have the same, with a 3090 and ryzen 5900x. I have had 5 hard black screen crashes (the whole PC) over the course of 20 hours of gametime. not a single game log, and no logs for the PC. It seems like it affects specific matches almost too, my literal first game crashes twice, I turned off my undervolt and it appeared to go away, but despite that 15 hours later I get 3 more crashes exactly the same, all in one match.
Unsure how to access other crash files but this is what i have:

i9-13900k
Prime Z790-A WIFI
PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP 3.0) DDR5 RAM 32GB
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1

Attachments

Back