Game Crashing Issue - (PC Specs & Troubleshooting Efforts)

ionizingdragon

Hi all,

I’ve been facing consistent crashing issues while playing Deadlock and wanted to report this in hopes of finding a solution. Here are my system specs:

• Intel Core i9 14900K 24 Core
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI II
  • G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64GB DDR5 (XMP1 profile)
  • ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 ROG STRIX OC 24GB
  • ASUS ROG Strix 1200W Gold PSU
Despite having high-end hardware (all less than a year old), I’ve been troubleshooting for over 8/9 months and even had the motherboard, CPU, and GPU replaced. I’ve had full system analyses done by Scorptec and Mwave (Australian vendors), but the crashes persist.

The current issue happens specifically when playing Deadlock, where the game crashes randomly. I’ve used HWinfo to log system performance, but it didn’t capture a crash that happened the other night (11:00 PM AEST 02/09).

Given the recent concerns about the VIA oxidation issue on Intel chips (as mentioned in this ZDNet article), I’m unsure if that’s the root cause. Logs suggest my 4090 might be involved, but I’m struggling to identify where the crash logs/telemetry files are located within the game folder (D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Deadlock\game). If anyone can help me locate the crash logs, that would really assist in an RMA claim with my vendor.

I’m running out of troubleshooting ideas and would greatly appreciate any help or direction from the community. Thanks in advance!

Back