Game crashed on queue pop

Bicheal

Game crashed, did not capture the specific error, but it appeared that one of the level files was corrupted.

Attempted to restart, but game would not launch.

Verified files, but progress was stuck at zero.

Restarted Steam and tried again. Same result twice in a row.

Restarted PC and tried again. Same thing.

Reinstalling the game completely finally allowed me to launch again.

Just happened again, but this time before I even queued up. I was in the Roster Select screen.

To be clear this is immediately after a fresh reboot and reinstall of the game.

Edit: I've also been having these verify game file errors when I start the game about 50% of the time, but usually I verify and then it launches fine.

Edit2: Happened again upon loading a replay file.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-22 185431.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-22 185431.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Crash occurred again on queue pop and cannot launch game again

Edit: I may have gotten past the stuck at 0% verifying by launching steam as admin

Edit2: Captured the map error. This is happening basically every other game I queue up for.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 002121.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 002121.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Sorry for bumping this so much, but I've just fully reinstalled windows and still got the SAME error.

Queue pops. The game shows that the level file is corrupted. I crash and cannot verify files as it's stuck at 0%.

I've only installed discord, steam, nvidia drivers, and deadlock.

Event viewer is clean, no errors in Application/System. I don't know if there's a crash dump somewhere I can look at?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 023810.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 023810.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2024-05-23 023826.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 023826.png
    15 KB · Views: 35
Had the same issue just now.
Tried the same things (launching game, but it's just stuck at "downloading 0%" and verifying files), none worked.
Then I disabled Steam Overlay for the game, tried again and now it's Downloading Content properly and I was able to start a game afterwards.
Not sure if coincidence or related.

EDIT : Was able to start a game but it got cancelled (a player couldn't seem to join).
Then it happened again when I pressed the button to queue up another game.
Like before, Downloading Content is staying at 0%, so the Steam overlay thing had nothing to do with it. :(

Last edited:
What I've noticed is that if you wait ~5 minutes it lets you verify the files.

For anyone who sees this thread I think the crash has to do with alt tabbing. The last three times it occurred I was tabbed out and tabbed in right when the queue pop notification appeared. Would love to hear if anyone else can reproduce this.

It happened to me many times without alt-tabbing, too. Might have just been a coincidence.

You might be able to force a reproduction by alt tabbing while loading into a replay.

Back