Game-breaking (possibly PC breaking) crashes, even after updates

choob

I have a 5800x3d, 7800xt, and Windows 10. I crash a few seconds after I load in a game, even in bot matches. The crash issue started 9 mins into my first game in 2-3 weeks (been playing since May with minimal technical issues). The game was running smoothly until then. I can't play Deadlock anymore, since I'd just crash and abandon my next game. Please let me know if there's anything I can do troubleshoot this. Thank you!

Specifically, in bot games, I crash as soon as I load in and start moving on the zipline. My PC freezes (graphics driver crash I assume), and has to restart.

On the night of 10/24, I loaded into another bot game in hopes that the recent patch would fix this issue. I crashed as soon as I loaded into the map. I didn't even get to ride the zipline for a few seconds. I do not feel comfortable crashing my PC every couple days to test if the game has been fixed, since the constant crashes will be damaging my hardware.

Last edited:
This is more likely to be an issue with your OS. I would recommend trying to do the regular troubleshooting process first:
  1. Reinstall Deadlock
  2. Run SFC scan and DISM repair to check for issues with Windows itself
  3. Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode to completely remove your graphics driver and reinstall
  4. If the above fail to resolve the issue, backup any data that is important and reinstall Windows
Don't worry about the PC crashing, there is serious damage being caused. A PC crashing at worst would corrupt files, but there will not be any damage to your hardware. Trust me, I've worked IT support where I had to deal with the desktops in the office for 10 years and think nothing of just forcing a PC to power down in almost any scenario (the only time you should never do it is during a firmware update)

Back