Freeze upon alt-tab + Random crashes during game

francotaurus

When alt-tabbing after the game is loaded, the game will freeze and refuse to close. for whatever reason task manager is unable to end the kill the frozen process, and the game won't close although steam will still say it's running (pressing stop button on steam client does nothing). it requires a computer restart to end the process, and nothing else i've found works to close the game when it's frozen due to this alt-tab issue. once, it caused a bluescreen on my PC.

usually im able to at least play if i dont alt-tab, but lately i've been crashing during the actual game as well. the distinction between these crashes is for whatever reason, these crashes actually close the game so I don't have to restart my computer. i can just run the game again, but there will eventually be another crash.

someone in a thread with a similar issue said it's caused by the app having disable fullscreen optimizations checked, but mine is not checked and I still crash.

I will be posting my crash logs here as well, there are a lot

PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 4.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard
TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL32 Memory
MSI MECH 2X OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Attachments

one thing I also forgot to mention: i've seen a common suggestion to switch the graphics from directX to Vulcan, but unfortunately on my game whenever I try to change anything, my game will do the alt-tab bug and cause the game to freeze and crash, not changing the settings, and usually corrupting a file as I have to restart my computer in order to close the game. The only settings that will work are the analog off/on ones, and the graphics slider. Anything that requires me to press "apply settings" will crash me. Could I possibly change this with maybe certain launch options?

Back