Framerate dives around 20 min

The game runs fine (50-60 fps) until about 20 minutes into the match when out of a sudden it drops to below 20 and stays like that forever. This makes it virtually impossible to complete a match. The dive in performance persists until the game is restarted.
Things that I tried to fix it that didn't work:
Setting resolution to minimum - no effect
Setting all graphical settings to minimum - no effect
Switching between Vulkan and Direct3D - no effect
Installing more RAM - no effect
Overclocking the GPU - no effect
The sub-20 fps persists even if I'm standing still staring at a wall.
Neither the CPU nor the GPU are throttling.
Facing away from the map's center brings the framerate back to normal, however, for as long as I'm facing away.
This has been happening every match since I got the invite (about 3 weeks ago).
Other than that, the game is really fun.

Your machine is low end if this is your average fps. Game is not optimized is sometimes causes effect similar to memory leak(over time resources consumption, which leads to lower performance). It stops after you return to main menu. Also it can overload your hardware for no apparent reason, and give fps drops. No resolution yet, only update your hardware, change rendering api(vulkan), update drives and so on.

Please check the console for repeated assertion errors if possible, Right click and save the log to attach to the thread

here it is
I only see server not updating correctly, viscous particles bug which drops fps, and it saying you do not have enough vram. Also frametime is really high, why is that i dunno. If your pc is up to game requirements, you might try sending logs to developer. Right now you have to ask around in discord and if they allow it, follow their lead.

Thanks for that, Your graphics card seems to be running out of free memory. Which is forcing the game to wait and then fast forward rapidly to catch up with the server, this will be the hitching you feel. What graphics card are you using?

You can check if your memory is full while you play with a bunch of tools, here's it in CPUID HWMonitor, you'd want to look at the MAX column after playing a match. There are many other tools for this, some will show you while you play but all we really care about here is the max usage

1726337515122.png

Also, I would check graphic driver version if possible. I had this a few weeks ago and Nvidia had put out an update I didn't see like a day prior. Valve did the update and I had to update my drivers to fix this exact type of issue. Now Nvidia did another update on the 11th, I had to update yesterday because of a visual error and now my FPS has nosedived and my GPU is getting maxed. 3060 with 12GB of VRAM, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB of RAM. Was running great until the latest updates happened.

I'm going to try to find a better driver version maybe.

My PC is quite old, with a Nvidia GTX 1060 with 3GB of VRAM.
Thanks for that, Your graphics card seems to be running out of free memory. Which is forcing the game to wait and then fast forward rapidly to catch up with the server, this will be the hitching you feel. What graphics card are you using?

You can check if your memory is full while you play with a bunch of tools, here's it in CPUID HWMonitor, you'd want to look at the MAX column after playing a match. There are many other tools for this, some will show you while you play but all we really care about here is the max usage

View attachment 18239
Indeed, VRAM utilization starts at about 80% and steadily rises to 99% some time into the match. When that happens, GPU utilization that is normally at 30% rises to 100% and stays there. It remains even if I change resolution to minimum. When I start the game in low resolution, however, VRAM utilization never reaches that high and fps stays decent. So I got to experimenting and nother thing that seems to lower VRAM usage is changing the rendering to Direct3D. But it only has an impact if the setting is changed before VRAM maxes out, which is why I missed that before. Once VRAM utilization reaches 99%, nothing can bring GPU usage back down. A rather strange phenomenon.

Back