Font/Bolding Change on Play Deadlock Hover

Risky

Not sure if this is intentional or not but when you hover over Play Deadlock at the main screen it changes from bolded or at least one font to another. This is not true for any of the other options.

It is entirely reproducible

See below for what it looks like with the redlining to accentuate
1716656879817.png

I don't think this is a bug but it's a design decision I don't agree with so I'm writing some UI feedback on it. I think if their goal with the italics was to differentiate this panel from the ones below (sandbox mode, public bot match and private bot match), they could achieve the same thing with a different color background or larger font size for "Play Deadlock".

I'm fine with the text becoming italicized as long as the ligatures are the same. The "a" and "y" in "Play" and the "e" and "k" in Deadlock are just straight up different characters.

Same in portuguese, I was about to make a post about it, I was thinking it was a translation problem hhahaha

pretty sure it is a bug, its the only button that does it as far as I know... I looked around the menus as soon as I spotted that one. If all of them changed font I would agree that's a design choice :D

After Playing for some time, I think its a feature, due to the aesthetic of the game I know now... it's weird on porpoise, it's the "wrong" gestalt that are been used to detatch the play button.

Back