Disconnect then Crash after latest patch

Nildawenn

Hello,

I've been playing for a few weeks with no problems at all. After the most recent patch (running Build 5,192 - Sep 24 2024, 15:49:58), I can watch a match with no lag and approx 90~120fps framerate for just about a minute and everyone starts running in place, it then stays like this for about 30 more seconds and then the game exits. I would say crashes, but it appears to be a clean exit (no crashlog or crash helper pop-up).

Memory use is quite stable. Network use is consistent with no internet drops. GPUs sit at about 29% utilization, CPUs never peg or spike above 50%.

It is quite consistent though: almost exactly a minute from joining as a spectator to players running in place (I'm guessing that's a network disconnect) and 30 seconds after that it exits (which I'm guessing is the connection timing out and it not knowing how to handle).

Please let me know if there's any further information I can provide.

Still occurring after today's patch. Even if I join during the initial connection phase, and it's very consistent. Did something recently get moved from TCP to UDP which could be getting dropped by my firewall (iptables)? The timing is too consistent for most other kinds of bugs, and it really feels like: dropped connection -> timeout during retries -> crash/shutdown.
This only occurs when watching matches, not when I'm playing matches.

Back