Deadlock's A Very Odd Valve Game

Eridium

I want to start off saying that I LOVE deadlock.

I made a video like 3 months ago and it's been sitting on unlisted since then. I've had some folks tell me to link it here on the forums since I have access already. So here's a 14 minute video about me talking about the game and nerding out about it!

Also I do want to preface that this is rather older info and review of the game and I also talk from the point of view where the general public would see this video for the first time to learn about the game in a simple way. (which we still can't make public yet.) BUT regardless hopefully some people may enjoy this video.

And for others who've seen my other content before or heard of my name somewhere. Hello again. :sneaky:

Last edited:
I saw the community post on YouTube and was delighted to hear you had made such a vid. I think it’s kinda cool that it’s under a wraps sorta thing and this is an early preview. Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves soon!

I do agree the Patreon dialogue is a nice touch, alongside characters calling others by name.
But it makes me wonder how much voice acting they need to do whenever they add a new character.

I love how you touched upon the overall lore of the game. I'm already invested with the overall tone of the game and it's all super mysterious yet exciting to learn more about! Great video!!

I love how you touched upon the overall lore of the game. I'm already invested with the overall tone of the game and it's all super mysterious yet exciting to learn more about! Great video!!
Thank you! I really want to learn more about the game's lore cause of just the lines alone. Eventually we'll get more stuff but I need to know more!

I saw the community post on YouTube and was delighted to hear you had made such a vid. I think it’s kinda cool that it’s under a wraps sorta thing and this is an early preview. Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves soon!
Yeah I was sitting on this for a bit and was just like "damnit I really want to talk about this game BUT I understand I can't" so at least I can put it here and just mention how dope of a game this is.

I do agree the Patreon dialogue is a nice touch, alongside characters calling others by name.
But it makes me wonder how much voice acting they need to do whenever they add a new character.
I've noticed they've change up some voice lines here and there. Specifically with the tutorial stuff. I guess since it's so early with the development of the game. It seems like there's a chance some other lines will change too. But so far it's not been a huge change on the voice lines.

I've started playing lately and one thing I've been doing is, if I'm lacking in something mid game I take a mental note, farm and then when I have enough I go back to base and buy items, I like to say this game is more like league + Overwatch but but that just me imo. I hope this game becomes my favorite game as time goes cause I've been wanting to pick up a new game that's fun and deadlock has potential as you said and I hope valve uses this time they have correctly.

Back