Deadlock keeps disconnecting my Ethernet

druidry000

Every single time I've tried to play a game of Deadlock in the last 1-2 weeks, my ethernet loses connection from my PC. On the list of available networks, the ethernet disappears from the list and only wi-fi connections show up. This happens every Deadlock game: after around 3-5 minutes in-game I notice the character models start to lag and stand still, I lose connection, and the network won't come back until ~10-30 minutes after I close the application.

I'm on Windows 10, I've tested my ports and cables and updated my network drivers and everything works on those fronts. I only have connection problems specifically when trying to play Deadlock; this doesn't happen with any other online games. I've confirmed Deadlock has firewall access. When doing an ipconfig in powershell while disconnected, the ethernet's media state is "Media disconnected." I can connect to wi-fi while playing Deadlock, and it does stay connected, but my connection is unstable and I get stuttering lag issues that I haven't gotten on ethernet before. This only started happening to me in the last two weeks.

Back