CTD before main menu after update.

frazzleblump

Edit: For some reason, restarting Steam seems to have fixed the issue. I got a pop-up in-game stating my graphics driver is out-of-date, so maybe that was somehow related? No clue. Just happy it seems to be working now.

I've played ~70 hours with only 1 or 2 crashes up to this point. Was playing the game fine yesterday. I opened the client for some Sandbox testing earlier today (so after some updates). However, when trying to open the game now, I see the loading screen, my cursor changes, and then I get a silent CTD, before the main menu ever loads. I have tested removing all of my launch options (no effect; it's just "-console -novid -autoexec" anyway, and the autoexec is just some bind aliasing). I have verified the integrity of the game files (no effect). The only .mdmp files I see in bin/win64 are from weeks ago. If there's anything else I can use to triage this/help, I'm more than willing to, but this seems totally opaque at this point. Would greatly appreciate advice on how to best help.

Last edited:
I experienced this same bug again today. I had played several matches earlier (and with plenty of closing the client in-between, so it wasn't all one session). When going to play just now, I got the CTD at the same place. Restarting Steam fixed it again somehow. Again, I had played this and other Steam games fine today. No idea what is going on when this happens.

Back