crashes midgame without being able to reconnect to the match

epanarin

Hey everyone, after update 9/26 my game started crashing in random moments of the match after which I can't rejoin the game. My friend says I'm showing up as a connected player and then leaving the match again. On my side, at that moment, I can only see the player's UI and black screen (the screenshot below isn't mine, I took it from a Reddit user with a similar issue). Before the patch, I was playing with a custom config to boost fps but when crashes started happening I deleted the game and reinstalled it. It didn't work so I deleted custom cfg, and verified my game's files but it didn't help either. Another reinstallation didn't work either.
Here are the links to Reddit posts with the same problem:
Here's someone's screenshot of what's happening when you rejoin the game just before the crash:
1727694851081.png
The suggested temporary fixes are: deleting txt file from the /Deadlock/game folder (but it didn't work for me) renaming your video.txt file and deleting the video bak file (I haven't tried it yet).
I hope devs see this post and fix the problem soon, I reaally enjoy playing Deadlock but these crashes prevent me from playing normally. I also feel sorry for my teammates and am afraid of getting banned/ low priority.
UPDATED: renaming video.txt file and deleting the .bak one works from time to time. This is getting unironically stupid this bug is already 1 week old. If you type in "crash" in Deadlock's reddit you'll find at least 1 more post talking about this issue.

Last edited:
Back