Crash when viewed match loads

cjnighan

I have a 100% repeatable crash when loading into a watched match on my older gaming laptop, docked. I select watch, select a match, have a lengthy loading screen, load in with patrial UI but a black screen under it, then crash. The game doesn't crash in actual matches or in the tutorials and runs at a solid framerate. I have lowered the graphics settings in-game but that hasn't changed anything.

One thing to note is I have my FPS counter in the top corner of my screen from Steam's settings. On the UI and loading into a watched match I have a solid 120 FPS, with an occasional dip to 1. When I load into the spectated match (and when only have some UI elements and a black screen) my FPS jumps to 400 for a few seconds then crashes to desktop.

System specs (playing on docked laptop; KB+M and monitor):
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design

I'm having a similar issue but for me, it happens when loading into actual matches. Hopefully, the devs can fix some of the issues with crashing/freezing in general.

I've had an identical thing happen to me every time I've tried to watch matches, it happened before and after I updated my GPU drivers with an AMD system.

Back