Crash Once Only at the Start of a Game

Syooshi

The game crashes every time ONLY ONCE at the beginning of the game and from then on it will run smoothly upon rejoining. There is no error pop up. It just exits the game and I'm back to my desktop. No blue screen or black screen. You can not tell when it will happen as the game runs smoothly until the crash occurs abruptly. There isn't any frame drops or jitters.

However, it always happens either;
a) in the game loading phase where you see your teammates and the enemy team,
b) the very start of the laning phase (while enroute via tram to the gaurdian, or 1-2 mins after)

Only one of a or b is the case, never both. If I crash at a, I will not crash in the lane, ever.

Things get more weird though with the crashes. I've only played with friends so the above crashes were all while I was in a party. The reason I think that is relevant is because the game crashes at different places outside of being in a match when I'm in a party and not when I am alone.

For example, I do not crash when I am alone in the main menu, sandbox and character select menu when going to queue for a match. However, when I am in a party, I will crash randomly in the main menu, in sandbox mode, and in the character select menu if someone hasn't readied up for a while.

I have played multiplayer bot matches solo fine. I have never crashed, although, again it was solo and not while in a party. I also have not tried to play a multiplayer match solo to see if it still crashes or not. I will try to play a bot match with friends and a multiplayer match solo to test and update here later.

This only started happening this week. I was able to run the game fine before hand without any issues.

Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600
GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT
Ram: 32GB

EDIT: After the 09-26-2024 Update this has been resolved

Last edited:
Back