Could not use abilities, nor text chat after the latest patch, initially.

McGinnusEnjoyer

The patch might have messed up some keybinds, but I have pretty much fixed them. I shall document my process here.

The first game after the patch, I discovered I could not activate my abilities. However, the game still allowed me to upgrade them. I tried to ask for help in text chat, only to realize it didn't work either. The text box simply did not show up. After tinkering for a bit, I decided to reset all keybinds to default. This allowed me to use abilities again. It also re-enabled chat briefly. However, after a while another bug appeared with text chat.

Text chat was fixed initially, but after a while I noticed it stopped accepting my messages. I could make the text box appear, and type in it, but when I hit "return" key on the keyboard, it simply exited the text box without saying anything.

At this point I decided to google for a solution, and the one here worked: https://forums.playdeadlock.com/thr...ot-detecting-keyboard-input.29321/#post-51493

Specifically, go to the settings for keybinds and assign the "return" key to chat again, DESPITE it already showing the same. This fixed it, but it broke again after every message.

Finally, I did this a few more times, and now it appears to be fixed completely, so far.

Back