Cosmetics?

VIP

Dota, TF2, CS2 ect all have cosmetics. I feel like this would only make sense and be a lovely addition. However, considering Deadlocks uniqueness, maybe the 'cosmetics' can be different to things seen in other titles? Like subtle smoke trails or like auras given off your player. Not sure, just seems like a good opportunity to do something new and fun!

It's a free game, of course there's going to be cosmetics. Every character model seems very 'customizable', so I believe they will implement a system such as in TF2 or Dota. Crates, with keys, small % to get something extremely unique, etc.
Similar to Dota, I can see them implementing skins for neutral mobs, minions (so only the lane where you're assigned has unique minions, or even the zipline itself.

That transactional model has proven to work beyond anyone's expectations.

I think early testers should get cosmetics based on hours played, stats, and community score (not leaving, not cheating, not flaming).

Dota, TF2, CS2 ect all have cosmetics. I feel like this would only make sense and be a lovely addition. However, considering Deadlocks uniqueness, maybe the 'cosmetics' can be different to things seen in other titles? Like subtle smoke trails or like auras given off your player. Not sure, just seems like a good opportunity to do something new and fun!
They have placeholder models on certain heroes and no native resolution, its obvious they wont do any cosmetics right now. Maybe in the future, its valve after all. Also visual should not be even more convoluted in this game, Even simple recolor can throw off if 2-3 heroes share same color in high action fight.

Back