Controller Issues Post Update (9/26)

jakeafreak

Hi! New Poster here, but will be posting any bugs I find in the future. I understand that controller support isn't fully integrated but have also noticed that the game is setup to recognize when controller inputs are used and to display said icons. That being noted I've noticed a few different bugs while setting up a switch pro controller today for the gyro aim capability. (I had been using a xbox one s controller before hand but tracking was far too difficult)
Bug 1 (Main issue): When using a controller, either my xbox or switch, the game is rapidly swapping the ui elements based on the current bindings. For example my movement is of course on the left stick under the steam input move command so the ui swaps to show dashes on abilities but pressing my dpad right which is set to keyboard Y to bring up the quick voice chat select wheel changes my abilities to show 1-4. The bug is that when the game swaps the display elements it causes extreme frame loss, especially the 99% frames. Extremely noticeable in sandbox.
Bug 2: (I had to leave a match early because of this R.I.P. my poor teammates) Something happened after the latest update which caused most but not all the "Game Action" commands under the steam input list to issue the wrong commands. For example when I would use the "Fire" or shoot command on right trigger my character would walk to the right and the "Zoom" command would walk left. It seems that the abilities 1-4 commands and items 1-4 work normally. Crouch, Melee, Fire, Zoom, and Buy are the ones that I noticed were broken.

not really a fix for ur issue but if u know how to get into the community layout for controller, ive made a layout that works after the recent patch that screwed up action inputs. it has a shift menu on LB and has most if not all functions assigned for gameplay. its called Gwbz's Simple layout. accidently made 2 setups with the 2nd one having some better input changes, the description will start with "my layout that i find works really well" use that one. if u like it, give it a thumbs up plz. this build also wont cause u to experience the stutter/fps loss u were talking about since its all based on keyboard inputs and for the analog move option, if u use "directional pad" its the last thing to make is seamless compared to before.

Back