CHEATERS please prevent people to play deadlock with existing vac bans on their accounts

There are SO MANY people blatantly aimbotting right now. It's ridiculous.

If Valve handles this like they've handled TF2 or L4D / L4D2, we're gonna have a bad time.

Bias (I have a VAC ban for using cheat engine in advanced warfare's co op campaign mode for some funny with the boys, about 3000 days ago..)

While I appreciate the idea of blocking vac banned accounts from playing does sound nice. I don't think it's going to do much for a test environment that's basically free to get into with a new account. Steam profile age or value might be a better requirement for testers, but 95% of people playing this aren't providing any feedback anyway and are just treating it as some limited time early access event.

Going forward if this does release it's going to be free with MTX so they are going to have to take the CS/overwatch route or get the ai vacnet working. Valve has done a few gdc talks about vac and preventing people just making new accounts on steam is very difficult, nearly impossible.

I think a player rep system would help reduce people running into cheaters, where well trusted players ( Many games played, doesn't leave, isn't toxic, not often reported, high $ steam account ) are only matched with other trusted accounts, leaving the cheaters, toxics and leavers hanging together in low rep mmr.

Bias (I have a VAC ban for using cheat engine in advanced warfare's co op campaign mode for some funny with the boys, about 3000 days ago..)

While I appreciate the idea of blocking vac banned accounts from playing does sound nice. I don't think it's going to do much for a test environment that's basically free to get into with a new account. Steam profile age or value might be a better requirement for testers, but 95% of people playing this aren't providing any feedback anyway and are just treating it as some limited time early access event.

Going forward if this does release it's going to be free with MTX so they are going to have to take the CS/overwatch route or get the ai vacnet working. Valve has done a few gdc talks about vac and preventing people just making new accounts on steam is very difficult, nearly impossible.

I think a player rep system would help reduce people running into cheaters, where well trusted players ( Many games played, doesn't leave, isn't toxic, not often reported, high $ steam account ) are only matched with other trusted accounts, leaving the cheaters, toxics and leavers hanging together in low rep mmr.
I completely understand this. But again, your ban is probably a game ban so not related to Valve's system. If you had a VAC ban you would be banned from any Valve game.

I agree to VAC bans being global for Valve games including Deadlock. Stupid game bans for using SAM for a couple of achievement in a game not related to valve at all, 8 years ago should not cause you to be left out of a game they developed.

Edit: If it was a VAC ban it would look something like this 1725966186983.png

Last edited:
I completely understand this. But again, your ban is a game ban so not related to Valve's system. If you had a VAC ban you would be banned from any Valve game.

I agree to VAC bans being global for Valve games including Deadlock. Stupid game bans for using SAM for a couple of achievement in a game not related to valve at all, 8 years ago should not cause you to be left out of a game they developed.

Edit: If it was a VAC ban it would look something like this View attachment 17039

Oh absolutely, If I was banned from tf2 I'd expect to be banned from deadlock. I think they used to called it "per-engine" bans or something, but i'd expect it to extend to source 2 from source

Edit: They look very similar, this is the advanced warfare one
1725966345624.png

Back