Can't play game or join parties. Says I am in party when I am not.

Update: Have tried restarting game, reinstalling game, verifying game files on steam, switching servers, nothing has worked

Ive found out where the issue is coming from, its from the steamcloud what we cant disable. its not on our end. ~
i switched steam accounts and it works(from a friend) but my account is fucked and it wont work once i switched back

I'm also having this issue. The error first occured when I was playing a game (match #3809688) with some friends in a party in which the server crashed mid-game (probably due to steam maintenance). A couple of us got back in the game and finished it but afterwards I couldn't queue up because I was apparently in a party, despite not being in a party.

So far I've tried the following with no success:
- Had a friend invite me to a party (couldnt because I was already in one)
- Invited a friend to a party (couldnt because I couldnt create a new party until I leave my current one)
- Forcefully change my region to another one using the "citadel_region_override" command
- Restarted the game
- Verified integrity of the game files
- Reinstalled the game
- Restarted my PC
- Uninstalled the game, deleted everything related to "citadel" and "project8" from my PC, and then reinstalled the game

Seems to have something to do with my account (76561198029215679), as opposed to the client.

Last edited:
This problem has now solved itself for me, no clue as to why; just logged in one day and could play/party up as normal again.

I am having this issue - tried party_refresh 0, tried logging out, tried re-syncing to cloud, tried verifying files, tried logging out of steam, restarting computer. No luck. Any suggestions?

Back